Dhanteras 2022 Date, Puja Timings, Muhurat: Maa Lakshmi, the god of wealth Kuber, Dhanvantari ji and Yamraj, the god of death, are worshiped on this day. There is also a tradition of buying gold and silver and utensils for the house on this day. The festival of Dhanteras is celebrated two days before Diwali. This time it is falling on 2nd November. Maa Lakshmi, the god of wealth Kuber, Dhanvantari ji and Yamraj, the god of death, are worshiped on this day. There is also a tradition of buying gold and silver and utensils for the house on this day. It is believed that on this day, by worshiping the rituals, there is always the abode of happiness and prosperity in the family. Know the worship method of Dhanteras, auspicious time, story, aarti, importance.
The festival is celebrated as Lakshmi Puja which is performed in the evening by lighting earthen lamps. Bhajans, devotional songs are sung in praise of Goddess Lakshmi and traditional sweets are offered to the Goddess. A peculiar custom exists in Maharashtra where people lightly grind dried coriander seeds (Dhane in Marathi, for Dhantrayodashi) with jaggery (cane sugar) and offer the mixture as a naivedya.
Table of Contents
Dhanteras (Hindi: Dhanteras), also known as Dhantrayodashi (Sanskrit: Dhantrayodashi), is the first day of the festival of Diwali in India. It is celebrated on the thirteenth lunar day of the Krishna Paksha (dark fortnight) in the Hindu calendar month of Kartik. Dhanvantari, who is also worshiped on the occasion of Dhanteras, is believed to be the god of Ayurveda, who imparted the knowledge of Ayurveda for the betterment of mankind, and to help relieve the pain of disease.
The Indian Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy announced its decision to observe Dhanteras as "National Ayurveda Day", which was first observed on 28 October 2016. Usually, Gujarati families will enjoy a meal of lentils. Bath and Malpura will ring in the new year.
Dhanteras 2022 Puja Shubh Muhurat (Auspicious Muhurat of Dhanteras Puja)
The festival of Dhanteras is celebrated on the Trayodashi date of Kartik Krishna Paksha. This date will start on November 2 at 11.31 AM and end on November 3 at 09:02 AM. Pradosh Kaal will remain from 05:35 pm to 08:11 pm. The Muhurta of Dhanteras Puja will be from 06:17 PM to 08:11 PM in the evening. The timing of Yama Deepam will be from 05:35 PM to 06:53 PM.
Dhanteras Puja Method:
At the time of Dhanteras Puja, install the idols of Lord Surya, Lord Ganesha, Mother Durga, Lord Shiva, Lord Vishnu, Mata Lakshmi, Kuber Dev and Lord Dhanvantari. After this, do Shodashopachar worship of Lord Dhanvantari. Offer Gandha, Abir, Gulal, Flowers, Roli, Akshat etc. to Lord Dhanvantari. Chant his mantras. Offer them kheer. Offer Shriphal and Dakshina to Lord Dhanvantari. At the end of the puja, perform aarti with camphor. Then light a lamp at the main entrance of the house. Light a lamp in the name of the deity Yama.
Aarti of Lord Dhanvantari:
Jai Dhanwantri Deva, Jai Dhanwantri Ji Deva.
Suffering from minor diseases, please give happiness to the people. Jai Dhanvam…
You came out of the sea, took the nectar urn.
Devasura's troubles have come and gone.. Jai Dhanvam…
Created Ayurveda, spread it in the world.
Told me the means to stay healthy always. Jai Dhanvam…
Arm four very beautiful, conch shell Sudha.
The beauty of ayurveda vegetation is heavy..Jai Dhanvam…
Whatever you pay attention to, the disease should not come.
Her incurable disease also, surely it should be eradicated..Jai Dhanvam…
With folded hands, Lord, your servant is standing.
Vaidya-Samaj is the circle of your feet.. Jai Dhanvan…
The aarti of Dhanwantriji whoever sings.
May disease and sorrow not come, get happiness and prosperity..Jai Dhanvam..
Tradition of the day of Dhanteras:
There is a tradition of buying brass, silver, steel utensils on the day of Dhanteras. It is believed that buying utensils on this day brings wealth and prosperity. On this day, in the evening, lamps are lit in the main entrance and courtyard of the house. Because from this day the festival of Diwali begins.
In the evening on Dhanteras, a lamp is also lit in the name of Lord Yama. It is believed that by doing this Yamdev is pleased and protects the members of the family from premature death.
What to buy on Dhanteras?
Buying new things like gold, silver, brass is considered auspicious on this day. Along with this, buying coriander and broom is also auspicious on this day.
What is the belief behind celebrating Dhanteras?
It is believed that buying utensils on the day of Dhanteras brings wealth and prosperity. On this day, in the evening, lamps are lit in the main entrance and courtyard of the house. In the evening on Dhanteras, a lamp is also lit in the name of Lord Yama. It is believed that doing this pleases Yamdev and protects the family members from premature death.
Maa Lakshmi Puja Vidhi on Dhanteras (Dhanteras Puja Vidhi):
- Spread a red cloth and keep a handful of grains. Place the urn on the grain.
- Fill three-fourth water in the Kalash and mix a little Ganges water.
- Then put flowers, akshat, coin and betel nut in it. Place five mango leaves on top. Keep paddy stuffed in a metal vessel on top of them.
- Make lotus flower from turmeric on paddy and keep Maa Lakshmi seated and keep some coins in front.
- Place the idol of Ganesha on the right side in the south-east direction in front of the Kalash.
- While starting the puja, recite the following mantra by offering water, turmeric and kumkum.
- Shrim Shrim Shrim Kamale Kamaleya Prasid-prasid
- Om Sri Hrim Shree Mahalakshmiye Namah:
- Close your eyes with flowers in your hands, meditate on Goddess Lakshmi and offer flowers.
- Take a bath with Panchamrit in a deep vessel or plate. After this, take a bath by putting jewelery or pearls in the water.
- Wipe the idol and place it in a pot on top of the Kalash. If you want, you can take bath by just sprinkling Panchamrit and water.
- Now offer sandalwood, saffron, perfume, turmeric, kumkum, abir and gulal to the idol of Goddess Lakshmi.
- Offer a necklace of flowers to the idol of the mother. Burn incense by offering bel leaves and marigold flowers.
- Now offer sweets, coconut, fruits, khela-batase.
- Sprinkle coriander and cumin seeds on the idol.
- Worship at the place where you keep money, jewelry and take out the aarti while meditating on Goddess Lakshmi.
Vasubaras marks the beginning of the celebration of Diwali festival. The cow and its calf are worshiped on Vasubras. Cow has a very sacred place in Vedic culture.
Referred to as "Gau Mata" (cow mother), she is worshiped and brought up with utmost respect. "Gau Mata" and her offerings "Panch Gavya", or "Panchamrit", are often used in all Hindu ceremonies. Dhanteras comes after Vasubras.